Joel is the COO of J-Dek Investments Ltd, based in Solon Ohio. J-Dek Investments Ltd. is a fully-integrated real estate investment company, offering investors institutional-quality core/core plus, value-added and opportunistic real estate assets yielding exceptional returns. J-dek focuses on long-term asset appreciation, with deal valuations above $3 million.
Prior to founding J-dek in 2010, Joel spent several years identifying, underwriting and managing commercial properties in Ohio and Kentucky. Joel has also managed an extensive portfolio of residential units throughout his career.
- Identified, negotiated, acquired, financed and managed commercial and multi-family properties throughout Ohio and Kentucky.
- Currently manages skilled nursing facilities throughout Ohio, Missouri, Iowa and Oklahoma.
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction of the company and is involved in all major acquisition, financing and disposition decisions.
- Oversees financial operations: including reporting and accounting.
- Skilled at identifying true value, and adding to it, with realistic game plans and exit strategies. As an example, the Woodland Hills Apartment Complex in Trotwood, Ohio was a distressed property purchased from GE Capital for $2.25 million, and sold six months later for $3.99 million.
- As a hard-working, driven manager known for his integrity, Joel continues to establish and cultivate strong relationships with brokers, banks and property owners.
- Trustee, Cambridge Charitable Foundation, Cincinnati, 2009–Present
- Presidium Member of the Cincinnati Hebrew Day School, 2008-2010
- Treasurer, Va'ad Ho'eir Community Organization, Cincinnati, 2008-2010